The Human Salmon Foundation enables vulnerable children to face the future with confidence by supporting sustainable health, education and community programs.
The mission of the Human Salmon Foundation is
- to identify uneducated and/or sick children, where inadequate or dysfunctional communities might be part of the problem, or where children were left in a vulnerable or disadvantaged position due to wars, injustice or natural disasters;
- to systematically analyze the deficits in their care or education and to develop sound evidence as basis to address these needs;
- to help fill the gaps and support them through sustainable health, education and community programs;
- to inspire vulnerable children to discover and develop their cultural heritage before they leave home;
- to encourage children who have benefited from these programs to become mentors of other vulnerable children – helping them to become independent, confident and healthy adults;
- where appropriate, to form strategic partnerships and alliances with other like-minded organisations or governments in order to fulfil the vision of the Human Salmon Foundation.
We believe children
- deserve to be protected and loved
- have the right to be represented
- should have the privilege to celebrate faith, tradition and diversity
- have the capacity to trust, to be trustworthy and to be honest
- have the potential to be creative and courageous